REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR DUIDLA INTENSIVE BREATH ALCOHOL TESTING WORKSHOP
LEVEL 1 — INTOXILYZER® 9000 & INTOXIMETER® DMT DUAL ANALYTICAL
DATE: AUGUST 18, 2017
FLY: ATLANTA, GA
LOCATION: GEORGIA TECH GLOBAL LEARNING CENTER
84 5th Street NW
Atlanta, Georgia 30308-1031
Workshop Syllabus: 9AM – 4PM
Introduction to breath testing
Focus on the Intoxilyzer® 9000 & Intoximeter® DMT Dual Analytical* devices
*Alabama is transitioning to this newer technology device. Are you prepared?
- What scientific principles do you need to understand regarding breath testing?
- What scientific and procedural foundations are necessary for an accurate and reliable breath test? How can you tell? What should you look for?
Breath testing errors: Machine & human factors
Errors in breath alcohol testing that can affect the results
- Operator error – What sorts of errors can occur? What should you look for?
- Operator malfeasance – Is this possible?
- Standard acts, practices, and conditions: incorporate them into your case
Medical issues that can affect breath tests
Your client’s pre-existing medical issues can affect breath test results:
- Acid Reflux, GERD & LPRD
- COPD, lung size and body size
- Diabetes, Ketoacidosis, wonky diets, and your client
- Stomach bypass and other Gastrointestinal issues
Occupational considerations and breath testing:
- Can your client’s occupation affect their breath test results?
Special challenges in breath testing also addressed
- Developing a valid alternative theory of your breath case
- Refusal cases (DMV vs. TRIAL) and strategies to challenge
OPTIONAL CASE REVIEW – Interact with the experts
Bring your DUI breath cases and consult with Jan & other course facilitators.
Seminar Refund Policy
More than 60 days before seminar date = 100% refund
More than 30 days but less than 60 days before seminar date = 50% refund
Less than 30 days before seminar date = 0% refund